Somatic Consent Workshop –
Basics and Embodiment
We invite you to a 2.5-day workshop on Somatic Consent. This workshop will improve the quality of your touch and communication through connection to yourself, and through creating clear agreements so that you can experience a more fulfilling and satisfying connection to others.
This workshop is about
- Making choices – learning how to choose for yourself.
- Understanding the dynamics of giving and receiving and taking them apart.
- Understanding who is doing and who it is for – because they are different.
- Waking up your sensuality – your capacity for feeling and following pleasure.
- Gaining skills of empowerment and communication – noticing, valuing, and trusting desires, having the courage to ask for what you want, and feeling safe enough to receive.
- Understanding and embodying Somatic Consent can only happen through a somatic experience – you have to feel it in your skin. Therefore, learning consent happens through various games and exercises.
In these 2.5 days you will
- Learn about ‘receiving’ and ‘giving’ – and why knowing the difference is crucial for creating connection and intimacy.
- Find out where you and others are clear (or not) in receiving and giving.
- Learn the framework of Somatic Consent and the Engagement Zones as a foundation for connection.
- Experience pleasure and sensation in your skin that you can access any time you choose.
- Access parts of yourself that have been hidden away that are ready to be seen, appreciated and healed.
- Gain skills to bring clarity and heart into your hands so that your touch is rich, juicy and satisfying.
- Become exquisitely aware of your desires and limits and how to communicate them.
- Practice four ways of giving and receiving and experience it in your body.
As the training is somatic, there will be many opportunities for exchanging touch in the workshop, but there is no genital touch and clothing stays on in the workshop. All exercises are optional. You do not have to touch or be touched by anyone – observing is participation.
To see a short video on Somatic Consent, visit
Who is it for?
This workshop is for anyone who is interested in personal and spiritual development and improving the quality of their relationships – personal or professional, with lovers, friends, parents, children or colleagues.
No prior experience necessary. Both for those who are already familiar with Somatic Consent, and those who are not, there are always new levels of awareness to be found. This is an all-inclusive event — all genders and sexual orientations are welcome.
If you have any questions about the workshop, for the organiser, or you would like to bring Somatic Consent into your community, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com