Intimate Relating is a 3-day workshop for individuals a couples.
We are all looking for greater connection and intimacy. But how do we get it? Where do we start? How much is our personal responsibility and how much of the responsibility belongs to our partner?
We’ll explore these questions so that you’ll come away with a greater sense of connection to yourself as well as tools to increase your sensitivity and relationship to pleasure – with or without a partner.
It all starts with feeling safe. When you are safe, you can make choices; when you can make choices, you are empowered.
This workshop is an invitation for singles and for couples.
You will be guided in learning to touch and connect – first and foremost with yourself – in a conscious and empowered way. From here, you will learn to create agreements with yourself and with another to access deeper levels of intimacy and expansiveness.
The foundational teachings of this workshop will be based on the Wheel of Consent by Dr. Betty Martin, where the main focus will be to activate your hands, improve the quality of your touch, explore consensual touch, and learn how to separate doing from giving and discover deeper layers of receiving.
Deep spiritual qualities of surrender, integrity, gratitude and generosity will unfold as you learn new dynamics related to giving and receiving. Building on this, there will be an emphasis on communication and consent, and exploring receiving pleasure through the action of taking as a foundation of love and service.
With a lover we want to feel safe and trust, to be soft, open and vulnerable, to let go of defenses and resistance — when this happens, we can let go and enter into a deep space of surrender.
To create the possibility for surrender we need integrity and clear agreements. We make commitments to ourselves, first and foremost, from a place of self-love and respect.
Through this 3-day journey, you will learn to:
- Understand the nervous system and how to create safety for yourself
- Activate the somatic nervous system and your default connection to pleasure through touch
- Use your own hands (and entire body) as an unlimited source of pleasure and connection to self and other
- Feel the difference between giving and receiving as well as discovering who it is for when you engage
- Apply the Wheel of Consent as a foundation for relating
- Communicate boundaries, needs and desires clearly and directly
- Practice making choices and identify, value and ask for what you want
- Redefine what is meant by “relationship”
- Create relationship agreements that are based on sovereignty, integrity, respect, choice, trust and goodwill
- Take the goal out of sexual encounters and follow the pleasure
- Stop being ‘nice’ and move beyond pleasing
- Identify and move beyond survival strategies and shadow behavior
- Apply these insights to your daily life with a partner, colleagues, friends and family
Please reach out to invite an Intimate Relating workshop into your community
Practitioner & Facilitator – empowered leadership workshop